2.24.2009

Chop Shop from Netflix

A 2-star review from Netflix:

I would have rated this higher if I was actually surprised by the content - because without the surprise, there is really no entertainment value. Are there homeless kids getting by and making ends meet in the city? Of course there are - do some of them have prostitute sisters? Of course they do. Bland and boring, nothing new here.


I did happen to see this film, and there are certainly no car chases or explosions. 

What is confusing is the line of logic here. So, it is not interesting or surprising because these things happen in real life. Real life is "bland and boring." 

That's what I can milk from the teet of this review. By this logic the only good films contain things that never happen in real life...to be honest I think I saw this guy writing this review at Comic Con, so fair enough. Battlestar Gallactica is, truly, greater than any film ever made about a historical event or a situation that could have potentially actually happened in real life. Then again I think I saw a re-enactment of a Battlestar Gallactica scene at Comic Con so I'm not sure if that disqualifies Battlestar. (Editors Note: it's hard to tell if it was Battlestar Gallactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, or just a bunch of nerds dressed as spacemen fighting over a hot dog.)
I'll have to dig deeper into this fellas reviews and get back to you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment