1.13.2009

"Dark Days" from Netflix


Today's review, again, comes from Netflix. A 1-star review of the great documentary Dark Days:

I could only watch this film for seven minutes it was so painful. Firstly, why would I want to watch a film about individuals that live in squalor-it is discusting to witness the living condiitions of these men. I realize not everything can make us feel warm and fuzzy but this is just loathesome. Secondly, why would I want to listen to illiterate hobos speak their inaudible garble when I can just as easily tune into an incredibly sophisticated Noam Chomsky lecture. I have very little pity for the underclass. Learn to read, work hard, save money, invest money, get an education, rent a small apartment, and live your life. Thirdly, it was filmed in black and white. Now, my laptop has a resolution of 1400x 900 pixels, and a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS-one of the first-laptop-GPUs, to support DirectX 10 and accelerate the H.264-decoding of HD-movies. So, if Im going to have an incredibly powerful computer with an excellent display, Im not watching black and white films unless they are classics like To Kill A Mockingbird.



This review is something. The Nazi-youth has decided to infiltrate our minds through user-reviews that no one listens to, maybe. I wouldn't even know where to start. Maybe that the "hobos" lack of education is "discusting" to this reviewer. Why would we listen to people, when you can listen to the elite, the "underclass" are useless aren't they? Wow, I'm thrilled that Bush is out of office next week.

I won't claim to be a rich man, but I wish I would have known years ago that all you have to do to be successful in life is "learn to read, work hard, save money, invest money, get an education, rent a small apartment and live your life." Such poignant advice. And no doubt he knows, because he has a nice computer and knows enough to know that black and white movies just shouldn't be seen because color has been invented.

Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment